Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recycle and electronics

Well I did it, Kevin and I took off all of the electronics that I kept hanging on to. We took it to the electronics recycle day. There were 2 monitors, 2 printers, cordless phone system with 7 handsets, 2 scanners, 1 computer and no telling what else. Oh by the way the computer was not mine, it was Mom's personal computer. I would have to take my hard drive out and have it professionally shredded (privacy laws).
I still held onto a scanner hoping that I can find someone to fix it for a lot less than I can buy a new one. I don't think there is much wrong with it but it cost so much for someone to even look at it to find out.
I wish my computer geek son lived closer, that's what happens to kids, you send them off to get an education which you know will be useful to you and what do they do? Move off!!! Sent son to be electronics geek, knowing I would need his expertise in my business and all I got was a $30,000 networking job. With that kind of money you would expect lifetime warranty at no charge, right? No as soon as it is all done and the warranty is to begin, he moves 3+ hours away. That is the way warranties are!

No comments:

Post a Comment