Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A New Journey

Yesterday began a new journey for me, one I do not want to take, will not enjoy at all, and it may end in tragedy. My co-worker, Sheila, found out she has cancer and it's not good. Not that any cancer is good, but some are admittedly better that others. This is not good. My first thought was to pray with her, but I couldn't. I really couldn't, tears would have been all I would have to offer up. So I called Terrel, my wonderful minister and friend. He came immediately and prayed for us. This is such a hard time of the year to learn you have cancer. Christmas is to be such a happy time. This just reminds me that many people find Christmas to be hurtful and I should realize that not every one is joyous.

My business will be full blast in less than a month and Sheila carries a vital role in that business. My journey of helping Sheila through this will not be easy, however I hope the one thing she learns from me that it is her journey and not the outcome that is important. I hope she learns that in our journey that Christ is reflected.

I pray Dear Lord, help me to be the employer that I must be to reflect Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment