Thursday, April 23, 2009

Poem

Living in the present moment is the secret of joy. Is that so difficult to understand? I don’t think so, for Jason Lehman was only fourteen when he wrote the following poem.


It was Spring, but it was Summer I wanted:The warm days and the great outdoors.
It was Summer, but it was Fall I wanted:The colorful leaves and the cool, dry air.
It was Fall, but it was Winter I wanted:The beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.
It was Winter, but it was Spring I wanted:The warmth and the blossoming of nature.
I was a child, and it was adulthood I wanted:The freedom and the respect.
I was 20, but it was 30 I wanted:To be mature and sophisticated.
I was middle-aged, but it was 20 I wanted:The youth and the free spirit.
I was retired, but it was middle-aged I wanted:The presence of mind without limitations.
My life was over,and I never got what I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I didn't know you had a blog. I love this poem!! It is sooooo true for so many-all of us at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete